In my book, Oasis in the Clouds, Niri goes on a journey with her newfound dragon friend, Arach. So much of the story bases on Niri, that I thought I would give a little insight past Arach’s crunchy outside into his squishy interior! Thank you Cait @ Paper Fury for the promt!
- How did you come up with this character?
I came up with Arach after I saw a painting of a white dragon. I thought, ‘that dragon looks so majestic and beautiful, I have to have one of those!’ SO I GAVE MYSELF ONE obviously.
- Have they ever been starving? Why? And what did they eat to break the fast?
Sure, he has been starving. Well, his definition of the word. Sometimes he has to fast in order not to kill all of the farmers’ live stalk… he is hungry a lot, but he is not heartless, jeeze! His favorite snack is mountain goat, but they are pretty hard to find in Gorath.
- Do they have a talent or skill that they’re proud of?
Arach does not share this with anyone, but he is actually
- List 3 things that would make them lose their temper.
Arach is a dragon that has lots of squishy feelings. He is hesitant to dole out affection, but when that affection is stomped on, he will certainly lash out. Another thing that annoys him are people who don’t listen, or are just plain stupid. Third, but not last, he would probably lash out if someone were to, say, steal his treasures from is lair.
- What is their favourite type of weather? Least favorite?
Arach loves a crispy sunset. He could watch them for hours, and often does. He finds the way the sky shifts and transforms a work of magic.
- What is their Hogwarts house and/or MBTI personality?
I think Arach would fit best into Hufflepuff. He is the most loyal being you will come across. Unless you betray him. That is one reason why betrayal would bite him to his core. He gives out loyalty and expects nothing less in return.
- Are they more likely to worry about present problems, or freak out about the unknown future?
Arach has a cool head, and a knack for solving difficult problems. As he has dealt with prophecies before, he is more likely to worry about what could go wrong in the future rather than what is going on now. Don’t get me wrong. He certainly knows how to worry about the present, too!
- What is their favourite thing to drink?
Dragons have a special herb that is purple in color and extremely rare. it causes the consumer to become very relaxed, and they LOOOOVE to seep it in hot water and drink it.
- What is their favourite color? Least favorite?
Arach’s favorite color is fiery red, and he can’t stand gold!
- What is a book that changed their life?
This one is tough. Dragons don’t necessarily have literature where they are from, but he has read a number of human books. None of them have been life changing to date, however! He will keep his eye out for one of those!