SO FIRST OF ALL YOU ALL ARE MEAN. * sobs *
BUT SERIOUSLY NO ONE TOLD ME THIS BOOK WOULD LITERALLY DESTROY MY SOUL*. I have a desperate need to write this review while the book is fresh in my mind, though I have an inkling that it will not be leaving anytime soon. If you want a really short summary of my feelings for this book:
Start: Okay it’s good BUT I NEED ACTION COME ON
Middle: Breathing increases, heart jumps, SJMAAS YOU ARE KILLING ME WITH THIS BUILDUP
End: Heart stops. Hot DAMN OMYGODMYSOULMYHEARTMYBEING WHAIIIIIIIIIII so many freaking feels**
*okay maybe you did and I just didn’t believe it? I mean come on, compared tom this ACOTAR was mediocre…
**yes. Yes you should be scared if you read this. BUT ALSO BE PREPARED FOR AWESOMENESS
- WHERE TO EVEN START?????? So first of all, S.J. Maas does a freaking SPECTACULAR job of letting us despair and wither away into nothing inside of Feyre’s head. She was broken and damaged from the end of the last book, and found herself a completely new person trying to find out who she was.
- Tamlin is a first class ass. BUT LIKE HE ISN’T TRYING TO BE. Or is he??? It’s hard to tell. He made me so fuming MAD. I was seriously PISSED and for that, Ms. Maas gets props as well. ALSO HOW LUCIEN IS BASICALLY NO HELP WHATSOEVER.
- I think it goes without saying but OMGRHYSWHEREHAVEYOUBEENMYENTIRELIFE. I am literally holding back a shriek of pure joy right now and my entire body is covered in goosebumps. I THINK I COULD PROBABLY SHOUT ABOUT HIM ALL DAY BECAUSE HE IS LITERAL PERFECTION. Rhys is the suffer in silence type, but it is absolutely perfect, since he IS the High Lord of the Night Court. OMGOMGOMG my thoughts are so scrambled when it comes to him. I NO LONGER AM. I AM NOW A PUDDLE ON THE GROUND. He protects Feyre, but doesn’t smother her, isn’t her keeper. Even though he is going through an agony of his own, he gives her time to heal. TWOO WUV PEOPLE TWOO WUV. (and if you are not reciting that line right now in your head OR OUT LOUD, shame on you. And if you don’t get that reverence WHO ARE YOU PLEASE). Rhys is simultaneously strong and vulnerable, and he plays the part perfectly. He is my everything. Ahem…I meant Feyre’s everything??? (NO. HA. HE’S ACTUALLY MINE…)
- WAR. Or at least rumors and plans of it. AND OF COURSE THEY HAVE TO TRY TO STOP IT. Hybern remains an invisible threat until the end of the book and then it smashes itself into your face and kills you from the inside out. There are plenty of attempts at kidnapping Feyre and/or Rhysand, and therefore many fights and blood and gore so YOUR STABBINESS REQUIREMENTS WILL BE FULFULLED.
- UM ALL OF THE INNER CIRCLE.
- Amren is a being older than Prythian itself trapped in a Fae body. She is dark and brooding but also secretly caring and SUPER DUPER POWERFUL SO YAY FOR THAT OMG
- Mor has been through hell and back and is still able to be fun and perky and happy. She is every girl’s dream for a best friend. She is there when you need her and she knows EXACTLY what you need to do, what you need to hear. She is also super powerful BUT WE DON’T SEE THE FULL FORCE OF IT yet.
- AZRIEL IS BASICALLY THE CUTEST OF EVER. Okay that MAY not be an accurate description of him. He is cold, dark and brooding and basically made out of shadows and he is secretly in love with Mor who is totally and utterly oblivious but Feyre sees through it and he is SO MY FAV.
- Cassian. He is the hotheaded big mouth who is there for comic relief but you can’t help but love him because he actually has a super sweet heart (of course
- THE WINGS OMG THE WINGS. I don’t think I need to say more here? THEY HAVE WINGS GUYS. And wings are awesome. And they love their wings. Their wings are their everything. Their wings are MY everything.
- This has to be said: I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS BOOK IS IN THE TEEN SECTION. First of all, I thought ACOTAR was steamy. BOY WAS I WRONG. I HAVE NEVER BEEN MORE WRONG IN MY ENTIRE LIFE. This book could quite possibly be described as erotica??? BUT NOT AT THE SAME TIME?? I AM CONFUSE. There are EXPLICIT SCENES IN HERE so it is not for the faint of heart because I literally died and then had to gather up my melted pieces and put them back together and can I please just marry SJMAAS right now??????? Not to mention she builds up the tension throughout the entire book to where you are SCREAMING AT THEM TO JUST DO IT ALREADY AND YOU CAN’T STAND IT ANYMORE.
- The end WILL MESS WITH YOU LIKE NOTHING HAS EVER MESSED WITH YOU. I am not joking right now. I was about to throw the book at the wall. I WAS SO MAD. Then I was a little less mad. AND THEN I WAS HEARTBROKEN BUT STILL WITH A LITTLE BIT OF HOPE BUT THE NEXT BOOK IS CALLED WINGS AND RUIN AND I JUST CAN’T WHAAAIIIII SJMAAS WHAI.
NOTHING TO NOT LIKE. It would be an insult to this spectacular work of art to say I didn’t like anything about this. EVERYTHING GAVE ME THE FEELS. EVERYTHING EVERYTHING.
HAS THIS BOOK RAVAGED YOUR SOUL?? FLAIL WITH ME. Have you NOT read this yet?? UM EXCUSEME BUT WHATAREYOUWAITINGFOR? No, really I want to know what you’re waiting for. TELL ME ALL THE THINGS FLAIL WITH ME AND IF YOU WANT TO TALK SPOILERS FEEL FREE TO DM ME ON ANY OF MY SOCIAL MEDIAS (I am desperate here can you tell yet?)