Yes. I have FINALLY gotten onto the Sarah J. Maas bandwagon, BUT I’M NOT SURE HOW I FEEL ABOUT IT YET. Don’t worry. I Really Liked ACOTAR. I just didn’t LOVE it. To be fair, most of you DID SAY it wasn’t AMAZING and that I should strap myself in for ACOMAF. That being said, I won’t be too harsh!
- Secluded magical world?? Yes please! I love strange worlds that are full of magic and terrifying dark beasts!
- All The Blood and Stabbiness. Admittedly, this didn’t really start until well toward the end, BUT THEN THERE WAS SO MUCH OF IT AND IT WAS STABBY AND FABULOUS. And I want more, so I have high hopes for ACOMAF.
- The friendship between Tamiln and Lucien was THE BEST. I live for friendships. BECAUSE NOT EVERYTHING HAS TO BE INSTALOVE ALL THE TIME.
- I already mentioned this, but all the magical creatures that are Fearsome and Fierce. Granted, for most of the book, Tamlin disappears to Slay the Beasts and we don’t really SEE any of it. But we do sometimes and eventually we get the full brunt of it.
- The Evil Queen Amarantha is so bitter and evil and it is THE BEST. Also she has literally NO MERCY and I was loving it. It was the best worst of ever to read about how awful she was and see it happening. She actually might be one of my favorite villains???
- Rhysand is an actual ass. But then secretly he is kind and squishy and I want to keep him. But also the things he does to Feyre are abhorrent but then he does it out of some kind of twisted kindness?? CONFUSION BUT THE GOOD KIND.
- Feyre’s transition from hate to Falling In Love With The Beast was actually believable. THAT’S A HARD THING TO ACCOMPLISH. It was not instalove. Tamlin (AKA The Beast) was awkward and didn’t quite know how to act around Feyre and his bestie Lucien acted like a literal poop head most of the time and was no help, and on top of all that Feyre had a deep burning hate for faeries?? So yes that was nice and lovely. But there were also parts of the romance that did seem a little misplaced (to me).
- Feyre’s name??? I started the book out mentally saying ‘FEE-AIR’ and then the author rudely popped my bubble by saying it’s supposed to be ‘fay-ruh’???? #no. Once I falsely pronounce a name I cannot go back*.
- Feyre’s poop family. WORST FAMILY EVER AWARD. Like, they lose everything and then somehow SHE’S the one who gets saddled with providing for them and doing all of the chores??? I thought this was supposed to be Beauty and the Beast, not Cinderella. Sheesh. And even though she forgives her sisters for their snobbiness at the end and her father for his complete uselessness, I DON’T. What even is that family. No. NONONO.
- The fact that they are all stuck wearing masks seemed….weird. I never visualized them WITH the masks, and they seemed to be rather pointless. And when the masks were mentioned I couldn’t really take it seriously?? It just didn’t seem right, it seemed silly and kind of dumb. #sorry.
- The twist at the end. While I liked it, I kinda already knew it was coming, mostly due to fan art!! SO BEWARE. If you are planning on reading this series for the first time DO NOT LOOK AT FAN ART OR GO ANYWHERE NEAR BOOKSTAGRAM. Honestly.
*come on, who else is with me???
Do you share any of my unpopular opinions? Are you an SJMAAS obsessed harpie? Are you not? I need to know these things. HAVE YOU READ THIS? Was it your life? Was it the worst thing of ever??