……………………………………… After I finished this book I literally laid there and felt like a piece of me was missing because it was over. ALSO I WAS SPEECHLESS WHICH DOES NOT HAPPEN TO ME BARTHOLOMEW. SO basically RoseBlood isn’t EXACTLY a Phantom of the Opera retelling. BUT FRET NOT. It is more like ‘that happened….AND THEN’. And then your mind gets blown. I have deemed it close enough to the end of the year so I AM POSTING THIS AND YOU CAN’T STOP ME.
I think we all know what comes next. IT’S LIST TIME MY BEAUTIES.
- The Writing. This SHOULD go without saying. But it won’t. Because the descriptions are immaculate. I mean, there were times in this book when I forgot that I was even READING. I WAS Rune (and…ummmm I WANTED to be Rune after she met Thorn. GAH). The way Howard describes emotions and music and the combination and the personification of the two is SIMPLY BREATHTAKING.
- RUNE!! She is the main character so it was a relief that she was one of my favorites! She is so down to earth and badass and also really daring?? I always think to myself I WOULD NEVER DO THAT when a character sees something suspicious or creepy and, like, FOLLOWS IT?? But for Rune it just made sense because she was looking for specific answers so I was thinking I AM NERVOUS BUT GO PLEASE. She is super relatable even though I don’t have magical singing powers.
- THE VILLAIN. Who doesn’t love a good villain?? There is a super interesting twist on who the villain is, and for a while you aren’t sure which one it is. But then you are sure, and then you feel for this villain who is an egg who is basically liquid on the inside.
- Thorn/Etalon is um….well let’s just say HE WILL MAKE YOU MELT. Or rather, Howard’s descriptions of his interactions with Rune will make you melt. I died inside every time they were together. I WANTED TO BE RUNE.
- The twists!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOW CAN I SHOVE THIS DOWN YOUR THROAT ANY MORE FORCEFULLY??? There are twists in this that I NEVER SAW COMING. I mean, there are a few I did, but for the most part… MIND BLOWN. I was reeling and feeling LITERALLY ALL THE FEELS. This book broke me guys. It broke me. SO OBVIOUSLY YOU HAVE TO READ IT.
- ALL the characters 😀 I’m so pleased I can say thisssss! Usually I care about a few characters, but in this I cared about all of them! I was surprised that Rune’s mom kind of disappeared after the first bit of the story but it fit. I even cared about her engagement even though we never get that into it. I cared simply because RUNE cared and that’s POWERFUL, my lemon.
- The romance. I LIVED for the romance. There was nothing forced about it. It was one of those we were destined to be together romances but it came so naturally that I WAS THE ROMANCE. Just kidding but I WISHED I WAS. I am still melting inside even as I think of it…..you guyyyyys I can’t. I’m so sad the book is over. I could have read about them together forever. I need like weekly updates on ‘Where they are now’
- Literally everything. I’M NOT JOKING. This book was 792346289% GOLD. PURE GOLD. WHAAAIIII HAVEN’T YOU PREORDERED IT YET?????
SO I’m not even going to bother with the ‘What I didn’t like’ list because it would be short and basically me just making up tiny details because I can’t think of anything else. I loved this so much that I am going to spend my precious money on a hardback copy just so I can HAVE IT. I NEED IT. And I LITERALLY NEVER SAY THIS, but I WOULD READ THIS AGAIN. I am a hardcore once-only person. All around. I can only watch a movie once, read a book once, see a play once, see sights (like museums etc.). If I watch a movie more than once, you know I loved it. IF I READ A BOOK MORE THAN ONCE THE UNIVERSE KNOWS THAT IT IS MY OTHER HALF. So what are you even still doing here??????
Do you love A.G. Howard?? Are you so excited for this book? DO YOU LOVE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA??? Tell me alllllll!!