I finished The Impostor Queen relatively quickly, surprising EVEN MYSELF, my BEAUTIES. I usually buy books purely on recommendation (reading the blurb freaks me out DON’T ASK ME WHY), and so I was not expecting this book TO BE SO AMAZINGLY EPIC GAH! BUUUT when I first started, it took me like 2 days to get through the first few chapters. I am always so THROWN by first person, since most of the books I read are in third. But after I got over my initial shock…. I HAVE NO WORDS.
JUST KIDDING we all know how much I love to talk. I have words. I ALWAYS have words. HA.
I hate to be that girl now, but can I just say OSKAR. DAMN BOY. I died inside about ten times because of that icy boy. And the magic is so amazingly described. So on to the pros and cons of this beautiful book.
- Well I’m just going to start with Oskar, because OSKAR. I mean, for real here. I am not usually one to gush about the hunky guy. But he is all nice and kind and stuff, and then he shuts himself off, making you think that he is a hard shell with a squishy inside WHEN HE IS ACTUALLY A SQUISHY SHELL WITH A SQUISHIER INSIDE.
- THE BLOOD there is so much of it. Killing and bleeding and missing fingers and I cringed several several times my dear. And sometimes I even physically gagged because things were SO GROSS AND DISGUSTING.
- The magic. This may be a given, considering WHO I AM. I still have to say it, though! I love all things magic, and this was a kind of magic that I hadn’t really ever seen like this before, so it was also refreshing.
- SPEAKING OF REFRESHING. The plot, man. The plot. It was basically the OPPOSITE of the ‘chosen one’ trope, and then it wasn’t and I DON’T KNOW WHAT CATEGORY TO PUT IT IN someone please help I am nothing without categories lsjelösifelkjse
- So lastly, (but by far not least!) I just want to say the betrayals. There were betrayals where I didn’t even see it coming! The plot twist at the end had me sooooo MAD. I was legitimately angry you guys and I’m not ashamed to admit it.
- So, like I said before, one of the things I am #complain about is the point of view.
- UM and other than that I don’t think I have anything to complain about?? I am way too positive, I know.
- PREPARE TO GET YOUR HEART RIPPED OUT. Several times.
Have you read The Impostor Queen? Did you like it? Or did you hate it? Why?