Oh my goodness. All you need to know is that this is a cucumber of awesomeness (even though I literally hate cucumbers???) WHICH FITS because I had much to complain about this book but STILL ENDED UP LOVING IT, which is why I waited THREE DAYS AFTER FINISHING IT to write this review haha. SO obviously you need to know more. LET US JUMP RIGHT IN. I’m doing this backwards this time so don’t be alarmed:
- Where do I even begin?? First of all, there are just SO MANY SECONDARY CHARACTERS. There were so many, in fact, that I cared about none of them until the book was almost done, and couldn’t remember most of their names for all of the book. The only one I really ended up feeling for was Jules, even though something awful happened to (Iwant to say Elizabeth???), but since I didn’t know her that well I DIDN’T EVEN CARE.
- Again, too many people. There are three main characters, which makes sense because this book is about triplets who have to kill each other to become queen. Obvi. But my problem was that I found myself forgetting Arisnoe’s name half the time, only caring about Katharine really, and there was not very much of Mirabella I felt….
- Also there was a painful lack of action for a lot of the book. So you have this awesome poem, rhyme whatever you want to call it that goes like this:
Three dark Queens
are born in a glen
sweet little triplets
will never be friends.
Three dark sisters
all fair to be seen,
two to devour
and one to be Queen.
- Um excuse me but that sounds EPIC. 75% of the book was me going WHEN IS THE ACTION GOING TO START??? I was so bored I wanted to throw the book across the room. I actually contemplated DNFing it but one of my favorite bloggers of ever gave it 4 stars so I HAD to see why.
- The powers are very unique. Well, sort of. I mean, who would ever think of a poisoner (it’s someone who is basically immune to all things poisonous). The other two are controlling elements and controlling nature (they may sound similar but they are very different!
- THE END. This may sound stupid but it’s true!! I was glued to the page the last 25% of the book BECAUSE THE ACTION FINALLY STARTED. And it was gory, and it was gross and I LOVED IT OMG. I will be buying the next book and I can only hope that the goodness continues my loves! (And that’s saying something because I was SO BORED at the beginning!).
Have you read Three Dark Crowns? What were your feelings about it? Are you buying the next book when it arrives??