Since I am a good little book blogger as of RIGHT NOW and a little challenge is good for me*, I decided that I’m actually going to do a little (very short because I DIDN’T REALLY DO ANYTHING HAHAHA) recap for the month of JULY, which also coincidentally happens to be my birthday month!**
*That’s what my mom told me???? I’ve yet to find out if it’s actually true.
**Just casually throwing that in there. I’m now 23. The dinosaur of the internet, people!
Considering it was my birthday month* you would assume that I have a massive haul, RIGHT???.
So I DID get some wonderful dragon coins for my birthday. And yes I spent them all on books. The tragedy is, they are still all on their way to me.
And because I have to suffer and wait, I shall make you wait until August’s recap to see what all I bought. AND IT’S A LOT.
But! ONE book did get here rather quickly, and that is this precious gem:
I have also actually started reading it and I AM IN LOVE SOMEONE HELP. I have heard that much heartache awaits me at the end. PRAY FOR MY SOUL.
*SEE ME BEING TOTALLY SUBTLE HERE???
**When are things NOT complicated I ask you??***
***WUT IS LYFE****
****WHO CAN KNOW
Considering the fact that the latest of SJM’s books are 7896987 pages or less, I had a pretty good reading month, IF I DO SAY SO MYSELF. Here is just a quick overview of what I read, and my rating!
This Savage Song by V. E. Schwab
Full disclosure. I did NOT expect to love this so much??? Urban fantasy is not really my thing. BUT MAYBE IT IS AND I JUST DIDN’T KNOW IT??? If you have ever loved a Schwab book READ THIS AND LOVE IT.
Empire of Storms by S. J. Maas
I know I don’t talk too much about Maas books….mostly because I have too much to say and then I get all befuddled and I just. I can’t. There is too much. BUT. Even though I HAVE had my issues with this series…I loved every book! That’s more than I can say for the ACOTAR series…..
BU ALSO. This book is almost 700 pages??? SO IT SHOULD ACTUALLY BE COUNTED AS TWO. TWO BOOKS. Because WHY DO ALL THE BOOKS HAVE TO BE 600 PAGES OR MORE. WHY BARTHOLEMEW. Also. This book’s pages are SO THIN. I fear to rip them every time I turn the pages. Not to mention I is #confused. I READ 200 PAGES AND BARELY MADE A DENT. I felt like I was reading nothing haha. So discouraging I CRY.
Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo
I read Bardugo’s books backwards because I’m a rebel and I do what I want. I have since been told I am a fool. So I FINALLY read the Grisha trilogy! And now I have to reread Six of Crows so I can get all the references to these books. That aside, I loved the books, but there was just a little something missing for me!
Ruin and Rising by Leigh Bardugo
Whatever I found lacking in the first two books, Leigh MORE THAN MADE UP FOR IN THIS. This is such a flabbergasting perfect finale to this trilogy!! I miss my precious Darkling and my precious Nikolai already. AND NO DON’T ASK ME WHO I LOVE MORE. #RUDE.
I have reached almost 2k followers on Instagram! Honestly I never thought this could ever be possible???* Not that I am complaining!! I am so flattered that so many people have been compelled, for whatever reason, to press that follow button! And I also really hope they stay haha. I’m just gonna casually add a tidbit of my feed down below. Tee hee.
*Seriously where do all these people come from?!?!
I will have you know that I have (NOT) accomplished so much in July!!
- I turned 23
- I spent ALL OF MY BIRTHDAY MONEY on books!*
- I had a birthday
- The Bf got bored so we went out and got some new pretty shelves to add to my wall! This just happened to be perfect timing because all the books I ordered with said birthday money would not have fit on my current shelves!**
- I started actually blogging again! YAY. I know you all missed me. You don’t have to say it. BUT YOU CAN SAY IT. I WON’T PIN YOU DOWN UNTIL YOU SAY IT DON’T WORRY.
- I realized I have a total of way too much bookish merch***
- I have been chosen on #bookstagram to rep for bookish merch companies! I never thought this would happen TBH. BUT IT HAS AND I AM OVER THE MOON. I AM JUMPING RIGHT AFTER THAT COW.
- I set myself a totally unrealistic goal for #CampNaNoWriMo. And didn’t meet it.
- Shame on me.
- Excuse me while I go cry.
- SOMEONE PLEASE MAKE ME FEEL BETTER ABOUT THIS.
- I am #smart so I am going to set myself the SAME goal for August, which is to finish editing my book, Feathers Black, a gender reversed dark retelling of Sleeping Beauty! Pinterest aesthetics to be beheld below:
- I also actually spent an entire day watching the latest season of Doctor Who because I’m an adult and that’s what adults do???
- Did I mention I GOT NEW SHELVES???
- I went to a wedding and it was socially nerve wracking BUT I’M ALIVE. Barely. BUT ALIVE.
- OH. OH. You may have noticed that my blog looks a tiny bit different! That’s because I’ve been tweaking it. I hope you like the changes!!
**Living on the edge here people!
*** HA. We all know there is NO SUCH THING AS TOO MUCH
I haven’t made all that many blogger friends, because I have been on hiatus for my entire life. But I’m here and I’m (hopefully??) on fire!
Some of my favorite posts have been:
- Cait @ Paper Fury shows Goodreads what’s up in this post about all the things that would make Goodreads EVEN BETTER!
- May @ Forever and Everly tells us all what a blog needs to captivate readers and newcomers
- Beth @ Reading Every Night talks about hyped books. Which we should all talk about more. Because they are scarier than the monsters under the bed.
How was your July?? Do you have any achievements that you are proud of? Did you have a good reading month??? What books did you read?