So I haven’t ever done a weekly wrap up sort of thing (AND THIS IS NOT THAT) or a monthly wrap up. But I just thought you guys might want to know about my latest bookish fetishes!! queue trumpets SO OBVIOUSLY I MADE A GLORIOUS LIST BY MEEEE
- So…ummm first thing’s first. #BOOKSTAGRAM. Ohmygoodness bookstagram is going to kill me seriously. I started out with my sad little pathetic pictures and now I’m doing full on photo shoots and BUYING USELESS THINGS PURELY BECAUSE #aesthetic (feel free to check out my account 😉 link is in the sidebar!). FOR INSTANCE: my entire Saturday involved me setting up my ‘set’, taking wonderful pictures of wonder, editing said pictures, watermarking said pictures and then admiring them (and obviously NOT cleaning up…). THE LAST ONE IS ABSOLUTELY ESSENTIAL MY BEAUTIES.
- NEXTLY (it’s a word, I promise. I also promise I ALWAYS tell the truth), we have BOOISH BOXES OHMYGOSH. I can’t even. Being on bookstagram makes you so envious of everyone who gets bookish boxes (being in Germany my selection is somewhat more limited, BUT THERE ARE BOXES). My personal favorites (although I haven’t actually GOTTEN ONE YET (whyyyyyy)) are Fairy Loot and My Bookish Crate! Fairy Loot specializes specifically in fantasy (and SOME scifi, which I can deal with) WHICH IS PERFECT FOR MEEEE and My Bookish Crate is YA but they have had some amazing boxes in the past. SOOOO I should be getting one from each of them sometime this month (FASTER PLEASE???) and then I will have to TAKE TONS OF BOOKISH PICTURES (duh) and then restrain myself from shouting about it in everyone’s face.
- This one goes along with the bookstagram one (sort of???) BUT I AM OFFICIALLY OBSESSED WITH HARDBACKS OMG. I want all the hardbacks. They are SO PRETTY and I almost never take pictures of them with the dust jacket on. MY PERSONAL FAVORITES are the Splintered series (so magically beautiful slkjföwoijeshuflijslefjwoahi) WHICH I AM READING THIS MONTH FYI.
- And THEN there is this beautifully amazing book blogger SECRET SANTA (WUUUUT???) Hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. I know, right. AWESOME. I am soooo excited to send my package out and then to see what’s in mine! I LOVE CHRISTMAS. IT IS MY FAVORITE. I love the smells, the sounds, the music, the aesthetics (I BOUGHT A TINY LIVING CHRISTMAS TREE AND IT IS SO CUUUUUUUTE. And YES I KNOW IT’S ONLY NOVEMBER. Leave me alone)
- Lastly (BUT NOT LEAST) I think SOMEONE has to mention my obsession with fairy tales?? I mean, this year I read the Lunar Chronicles, RoseBlood (IT COUNTS), Splintered, will be reading Heartless once I get my hands on it AND I WROTE 2 RETELLINGS OF MY OWN. One is ‘Feathers Black’, which is a dark gender swapped retelling of Sleeping Beauty, and then ‘No Such Thing as Never’, which is my NaNoWriMo project this year! You can read all about that (and look at my fabulous pinterest board) HERE!
SO. UM. Basically this post was created to yell at you about how much I love books. BUT THAT’S OKAY, RIGHT??? Of course it is!! THAT’S WHY WE’RE HERE. Because we all like getting books shoved in our faces by yours truly of course.
Tell me, what are YOUR latest bookish fetishes? AND IF THERE IS ANYTHING NOT LISTED HERE THAT YOU DEEM BOOKISHLY FETISHWORTHY PLEASE SHARE.