The Orphan Queen is SO much more than I was expecting. LET’S BE HONEST. The cover isn’t the greatest, and like the good Queen of All Fantasy Books that I am, I judge any and all books on their covers 382937% of the time. Also she never even wears a mirror cloak in the book so WHAT IS THIS BLASPHEMY??? Or did I miss something????? NO.
Someone please get me some smelling salts because hyperventilating and clutching my pearls is bound to make me swoon sooner or later. OR JUST DON’T PUT THINGS ON THE COVER THAT AREN’T IN THE BOOK. It’s confusing, okay. Rude.
ONE MORE THING BEFORE WE BEGIN. SHE IS NOT A QUEEN OF ORPHANS. But at the same time she is???? #confuse. But once you read it it will all make sense!!
- Magic. AND IT’S FORBIDDEN. Which, admittedly, is kinda sucky. BUT. Rules are made to be broken…right???? Also there is something called Wraith and it is basically living magic that eats up everything and leaves destruction in its wake. #somuchwin
- Ragamuffin royalty that are all Very Good at being outlaws and stealing things. ALSO winning.
- It’s all about revenge. Bascially the entire plot is based on revenge for something that happened almost 10 years prior. I love me someone who can keep a grudge!
- There is also a perfect balance of banditry and prancing around in pretty dresses. Because sometimes I like me a pretty dress! #imgoingsoft
- Black Knife is basically the best. He is a vigilante who is upholding the law where the law is failing but also he has some questionable values which I adore. Also I almost guessed his identity but then went with the other person I suspected. BUT I WAS CLOSE, SO.
- THERE IS A ROMANCE WHICH I WON’T TALK ABOUT. Mainly because I’m not sure if it counts as a spoiler??? BUT I LOVE IT. IT’S SO GREAT. And also painful.
- AAAAANNNNNDDDDD then it ends with everything going very, VERY WRONG. Luuurrrvveee it.
- It took me longer than I like to figure out WHAT the Ospreys were. Like, I didn’t realize they were called that because of the House Symbol or whatever until waaaaay later in the book!
- Also the concept of The Wraith had me extremely #confuse at first as well.
Don’t fret! It all works itself out in the end! Until it doesn’t. cries nervously JUST MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE MIRROR KING ON HAND WHEN YOU FINISH.
Have you read this?? Totally random question as well if you had a magic power then what would it be??? Healing?? Stealth?? Making things move??? Tell me!