I have rediscovered two things in the past 2 years: reading, and writing. I grew up on books. Books were my life, my breath and my only source of entertainment (no TV, and I had to earn computer time. 1 chore = 20 minutes). I didn’t mind. I love books, always have always will. Also I have several half finished stories that I started writing when I was little. Mostly about Jeremy Sumpter and therefore also about PETER PAN. YES. I tried to write a Peter Pan retelling. It didn’t get very far, because my sister read it and laughed at it. Actually, that happened with
most ALL of my stories from back then. So NONE of them got finished.
Almost 5 years ago, I moved to Germany (NEWSFLASH…NOT), and I only brought my clothes with me. No books. Not my writing, which I had ditched several years earlier because I thought what I wrote wasn’t good. Just me, and my clothes, and my favorite LIVE, LAUGH, LOVE signs.
SO about a year ago, I was in a depression rut, and I was desperately trying to figure out WHY WHY WHY. Also I wanted to find out what my PASSION was, which I had been trying to find out ever since I STOPPED writing. SO many missed signs there… ANYWAYS. So I started reading again (sort of). I was forced to read some books in German (which isn’t my favorite, because German humor = EXCUSE ME WAS THAT A JOKE? for me), and I borrowed some English books from friends because I was literally TOO BROKE to buy even ONE BOOK. Sad. I know. No need to rub it in. But I also started writing! Once I started both of those again, my boyfriend said I was like a different person. I was happier (AM) and blah blah blah.
SO I have to catch up on my reading. And my TBR is like the demon that won’t stop growing. HERE I’ve put up a list of things to do when your TBR is being a WEED. Of course this list was requested by NO ONE but #whocares because fabulous. Yes.
- Buy more books probably. Even when the TBR is a TBR of shame or even of DOOM, the books will call out to you. You will go to the bookstore, troll amazon and the library and BUY ALL THE BOOKS.
- CRY basically. Read, and then CRY SOME MORE. Mostly the crying is probably because books are ruining your life. You fall in love with characters, and then they are taken away from you by the story ending. But do you learn your lesson? NO. GO READ ANOTHER BOOK, DANGIT
- Did I mention buying more books? There is no point in passing up that sale? Also, doesn’t that cover just look so PRETTY?
- TAKE PICTURES. #bookstagram is all the rage for book bloggers right now, and I’m JUST getting the hang of it. I had an amazeballs photo shoot with my lovely shiny new beauties, and I am itching to show everyone BUUUT I can’t reveal them all at once!
- Read obviously. Read, read read until your eyeballs are going to fall out.
- Hide from it. This one is, I think, the best option TBH. If you hide, it can’t find you. True story.
- Make a list, like me. Lists make everything beter. Also a true story.
As you can see, there are a total of SEVEN THINGS you can do, when your TBR is threatening to take over THE WORLD. Now excuse me while I go buy some more books. sidles off…
How many books are on your TBR of #shame?? Which ones are you simply DREADING? (perhaps because of too much hype…or maybe because they are only there due to peer-reader-pressure…the possibilities are endless!)